- This company uses conveyors and offers small quantities of a diverse array of products, thereby needing to perform picking efficiently.
- The company sought to increase picking speeds to match conveyor speeds.
- The company uses a pick by list system using conveyors, requiring error-proofing from omissions and misreading.
No more backup on conveyors
- Narrowing the range of tasks per operator by assigning one operator to each block increased picking speed to that of the conveyors, eliminating conveyor backup.
- Transitioning to a block relay system eliminated omissions, and error-proofing buzzers drastically reduced errors.
Master of Supply Parts with Block Relay: Software package
To create this system, we added error-proofing features to our Master of Supply Parts with Block Relay software package. Picking speed is faster, so while waiting for the next pick, operators can conduct inspections (with a separate system) using wearable terminals.